So, I bought a book (I guess it's more like a small pamphlet, kinda) by John Bytheway called, "How to be Totally Miserable," and I have to tell you that it is really funny and insightful. It just has me crackin' up! My sister, Debbie, and I were reading it on a little drive and it is just so darn true. I would recommend that everyone should have it. I like it :0) Some of the chapters are: Worry about things you can't control/Relive your bad memories/Don't set goals/Avoid adventure/Blame everyone and everything/Don't laugh/Don't smile .... etc. It is really funny and makes one stop and think about what they are doing in their life.
Life is very strange. Saturday night, my mom and I called my Uncle Errol to wish him a Happy Birthday. He asked to talk to me and he just seemed very much like himself. Which is fun and happy. Yesterday morning we got a call from his wife. He got up from sleeping and went into the bathroom and she heard a "thud." So, she rushed in there and by the time she was in there, he was in a pool of blood. She saw that he was throwing up blood. So, she ran to go get something for him to throw up in, he filled to big bowls full. The ambulance arrived and they said it looked like he had been bleeding for several days. They had to give him four pints of blood because he just kept losing so much. To make a long story short, he is still in the ICU, but the bleeding is under control now and they think he will be alright. I guess they have figured out that he has stomach ulcers. We were really worried because he survived bowel cancer and we thought maybe now he had stomach cancer - so I am glad that it is just ulcers.
You just never know when your time is up, though. No wonder it is so very important to be doing the things that you should be.
I enjoyed my day off today. Didn't really do much, but cleaned up around the house a bit. Boy, does that also feel good to do.
Alright, well - I guess that is all I have for now. 24 days and Braxton will be four! I'm getting very excited and so is he :0)
Until next time ...
9.03.2007
Labor Day
Posted by Maria at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment