CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.19.2007

one crazy week - 12 more to go!

Alright - so I apologize. I have been really bad lately at keeping up on the blogging.

So, mom had surgery late Wednesday night. They took her in at about 5:30 and said it would take about an hour and half. Well, of course, it took longer, nearly four hours.

By the time she got out of recovery, it was really late - so I actually wasn't there, but my step-dad said that she was in so much pain. The doctor said it would probably be as bad as when she first broke it. Mom says it's worse. It is so hard for me to see her in that kind of agony. I feel so terribly bad. I just wish that it would have been me on that step-stool. I was up there like 20 seconds before she fell. I might have been bumped and/or bruised, but I wouldn't have shattered my tibia!

That's another thing - when she went in to her follow-up appointment on Monday to schedule the surgery - she asked why it hurt clear down to her ankle and the doctor basically said, "because it is broken clear down to your ankle!" In other words, the top part of her tibia was shattered, but it actually splintered all the way down her shin! Talk about "OUCH!"

Ya know, I really would like to take the pain for her - but, I can't. I love her so much and am so grateful for the things she has done for me. I hope that I can be of help to her during this time of need.

I will try and post some pictures of her injuries (pre-surgery). Not too worry, they won't be graphic, they are just the pics of her temporary casts, basically :)

So, one week down - 12 more to go and then hopefully, she will be able to start walking. How funny, she was there when I started walking - now I will be there to see her start walking. Life is strange.

Until next time ....

2 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

Hey girl, tell your mom I'm thinking of her and tell her I said maybe we need to put some bubble wrap around her so that we can take a little more precautions!!! We can put a donut on her bum,shin guards on her legs and Knee Pads, you know where those go, oh and Some wrist bands and a helmet, she'll be set!!!!

The Johnsons said...

Maria,
That is too bad about your mom. I hope that she gets feeling better. Also, those are way cute Halloween pictures. I LOVE the skunk costume! It is darling!