I bought Josh Grobans Noel CD about a week ago (love it!) and one of his songs is called, Thankful. It is a beautiful song and I thought that the lyrics would be good to really think about today:
Thankful
Somedays, we forget to look around us,
Somedays, we can't see the joy that surrounds us,
So caught up inside ourselves,
We take when we should give,
So for tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And on this day we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us - to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for.
Look beyond ourselves,
There's so much sorrow,
It's way to late to say,
I'll try tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth,
It's so long overdue,
So tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And everyday - we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for,
Even with our differences,
There is a place were all connected,
Each of us can find each others light,
So for tonight, we pray for
What we know can be,
And on this day, we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though this world can still do so much more
There's so much to be thankful for!
So, now I want to try and list as many things as I can that I'm thankful for today - here goes:
(I may have to add to the list as the day continues on.)
The Gospel, The Savior, Braxton, my family, sunshine, rain, that my mom is recovering well, some of the Best Friends in the World, being an American, The Soldiers who help protect me and my freedoms, having a car that works, the ability to laugh, The Pioneers, technology, temples, flowers, having sisters, my ancestors, make-up, showers/baths, having the ability to work, being a mother, my mom, my Dad (step-dad), cameras, being able to read, having a place to live, my job, the washer & dryer!, being able to see, hear, touch & taste, the holidays, family traditions, the Mountains, our beautiful Earth, food!, water!, to come down and receive a body, that families can be sealed together for Eternity, Our Founding Fathers, Lehi and his family, the prophets of old, the Holy Ghost, animals (especially cute puppies/kittens) ...
And now, cheesy thanksgiving jokes:
What is a turkey's favorite song?
I'm dreaming of a white christmas
Why did the pilgrims pants keep falling down?
Because he wore his belt buckle on his hat
Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
The outside
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Thankful
Somedays, we forget to look around us,
Somedays, we can't see the joy that surrounds us,
So caught up inside ourselves,
We take when we should give,
So for tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And on this day we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us - to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for.
Look beyond ourselves,
There's so much sorrow,
It's way to late to say,
I'll try tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth,
It's so long overdue,
So tonight we pray for,
What we know can be,
And everyday - we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us to be the change,
And even though we all can still do more,
There's so much to be thankful for,
Even with our differences,
There is a place were all connected,
Each of us can find each others light,
So for tonight, we pray for
What we know can be,
And on this day, we hope for,
What we still can't see,
It's up to us, to be the change,
And even though this world can still do so much more
There's so much to be thankful for!
So, now I want to try and list as many things as I can that I'm thankful for today - here goes:
(I may have to add to the list as the day continues on.)
The Gospel, The Savior, Braxton, my family, sunshine, rain, that my mom is recovering well, some of the Best Friends in the World, being an American, The Soldiers who help protect me and my freedoms, having a car that works, the ability to laugh, The Pioneers, technology, temples, flowers, having sisters, my ancestors, make-up, showers/baths, having the ability to work, being a mother, my mom, my Dad (step-dad), cameras, being able to read, having a place to live, my job, the washer & dryer!, being able to see, hear, touch & taste, the holidays, family traditions, the Mountains, our beautiful Earth, food!, water!, to come down and receive a body, that families can be sealed together for Eternity, Our Founding Fathers, Lehi and his family, the prophets of old, the Holy Ghost, animals (especially cute puppies/kittens) ...
And now, cheesy thanksgiving jokes:
What is a turkey's favorite song?
I'm dreaming of a white christmas
Why did the pilgrims pants keep falling down?
Because he wore his belt buckle on his hat
Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?
The outside
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment