I ran onto this old email that I received and again, was comforted by it. Even though I at times feel alone and vulnerable, I KNOW Heavenly Father is watching out for me and that the outcome will turn out the way that it is supposed to. I guess, I need to be excercising my faith more.
Anyway, here is the story - hope that you enjoy!
Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."
This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.
One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.
That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.
As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.
The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver." She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.
The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.
The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?"
He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it."
If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.
Remember, God is watching over you. And, whatever you're going
through, you'll be a better person in the end.
1.09.2008
Amazing! Truly, just what I needed
Posted by Maria at 11:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I love that story. It's one of my favorites, especially when I am facing a hard time in my life.
Go be the best you can be woman! Remember, God loves us all. I, too, have dealt with such things. (Never in a divorce though.) Make sure the choices you make now reflect how you want to be seen later. :)(Because, obviously, he will resort to attacking your friends.)
Best of luck woman!
Post a Comment