Well, I watched the Republican debates last night. I found it VERY interesting. I am getting very excited to get out and cast my vote. I think the older I get the more I realize how privileged we are to be able to choose who the leader of our free country is.
Maybe this is far-fetched, but I get very offended when people don't use their "right" to vote. We have had so many men and women die for us, to do just that ... get out and vote. Many years ago, women weren't able to vote and now our vote counts just as much as a mans. That is such a privilege! Anyway, I guess I kind of look at it like the Atonement. If we don't live and use the Gospel like we should, it isn't going to have a positive effect on us. So, if we don't go out there and vote when we can, we shouldn't complain about the way things are going. It's like all those men and women out there serving "us" are doing it in vain. Again, if we don't repent and try to live the best we can, it's like everything God has done for us is in vain. (I know kind of weird to think that way, but ... I do.)
Well, there is an email going around about Barrack Obama. I got it the other day. Saying he is Muslim. I don't know what to think -- I guess because, I want absolutely nothing to do with that party (especially with the top candidates being Obama and Clinton) I haven't paid much attention to anything they had to say.
However, while reading a friend's blog today, this was posted and I found it very ... scary! I don't know about you, but it just creeps me out. I honestly can say, that for whatever reason, Obama not placing his hand over his heart during the NATIONAL ANTHEM is a huge red flag for me!!! (Although, the singer was a little scary herself) I love the American Flag and love showing my patriotism to my founding fathers and all that they did for me by placing my hand over my heart. It's the VERY least I can do!
Click on Obama link below and tell me what you think? Be sure to watch the video part!
Barrack Obama
1.07.2008
Um, kind of scary to me!
Posted by Maria at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment