CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.26.2008

Thank you to all of you!

Hello! Well, the first major step is over. Yes, Jeff and I went to court today for "temporary" custody issues. This should have been actually taken care of January the 15th, however, do to him side-stepping and not doing what he was supposed to, he weasled his way out of it and it got the hearing set to today.

SO ... the commissioner said. I award Ms. Cragun to be the custodial parent. I award that her home will be the primary residence of Braxton. Also, Jeff was indeed a bit shocked when he heard that he was expected to pay more than $45/monthly in child support. (45 is what Jeff was "willing" to pay. Said that was MORE than enough)

Not that it is about money, but it will be nice to have some financial help with Braxton. It's been 7 long enduring months.

So, all of my pleas with Jeff to just let me be the "custodial" parent I guess were worth it.

I just wanted to thank all of YOU, who have been praying for me over these many months. I so appreciate all of you for being so diligent and so supportive of me at this time. I really can't say thank you enough. Hopefully in reading this, you will begin to understand how your prayers are impacting me and Braxton and I am so grateful to all of you. I love all of you! (Immensely!!!)

My testimony is growing more and more each day ... ya know, if you do what you are supposed to (attend church meetings, do your callings, pay tithing, read scriptures, serve others ... etc, etc.) Good will come of it. I'm learning to have MORE faith and also finding out that patience is indeed a virtue.

Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing He will.

Again, I love you all - and feel so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life!

Until next time ...

5 comments:

Alissa said...

congratulations!!! the Lord knows the best place for braxton is with you! you're a great mom!

The McClellan Clan said...

OHHHHHHHHHH YeahHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So are things done or what??? Do you have to do more things? I'm so happy for you. You are a great mom, and I would love for you to be my mom!!
I think about you all the time. I'm even trying to think of all these guys!!! Hehehe. Hey are you coming this way anytime soon. Well to vernal that is.?? Probably not huh, since momma can't move. How is she doing??? Congrats girlie!!! I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!!

The Shill Spill said...

Congrats Ria! I hope that most of the hardships of marriage discourse are over. I also know that you deserve nothing less than the best! What a woman of faith you are to me, in my eyes! I wish you the best and always want to see you and Braxton succeed! Love ya tons! Hope you are happy and healthy!

B&B Goldsberry said...

I am so glad that it all worked out for you!! You are such a strong person and I look up to you!! You are amazing!! :)

Jamie said...

Congrats Maria,
I just think you are the cutest and best mommy ever. I hate that you have to be going through such trials right now, but WOW it seems to be making you even stronger (if that's possible!)