
So, this is the book that I am reading. It is sad, but true. You really do feel as though you are the first person in the history of the church who is divorced.
It's humiliating. Atleast - for me it has been. I guess because, simply put, I feel like a failure.
I will write down a little excerpt from the book regarding how you feel when you are attending your Sabbath day meetings:
Contributing to your feelings of comfort and belonging are the lessons you will enjoy each week in Priesthood and Relief Society. They will remind you that you're right on track with your eternal goals and strengthen you to face another week of your new reality.
The lesson plans for a typical month are:
1st Sunday: No Success Can Compensate for Failure in the Home;
2nd Sunday: Being a worthy Husband and Father (Wife and Mother);
3rd Sunday: Families Can be Together Forever;
4th Sunday: No Success Can Compensate for Failure in the Home.
It is really quite an entertaining book. I would recommend it to anyone. Because whether you personally are going through this or not, I think I can say, we all know someone who is. It will help you understand a little of what they are feeling and why we may act the way we do.
It's hard. That is, to go to church and see all of these happy families laughing and sharing such wonderful times together. Yes, I know - they all have their own issues. It's hard to think that way though when you feel like the spotlight is on you. All the time.
Anyway, so that is what I'm reading for the next day or two. Should be fun. I've been entertained by it thus far .... I'm sure it will continue to be so.
Until next time :o)
5.12.2008
Mormon and single ... again.
Posted by Maria at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment