CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.07.2007

Highlights of General Conference




Conference was awesome! I haven't been down to Temple Square in a long, long time. It was such a good thing for me to be down there again.

Here are just some of my favorite highlights of the day (second session):

"Eternity is a long time to live without Light"

When they talked about family and how we need to make sure we are doing essential things to help our children understand the importance of family -- Man! Such good words for me to listen to. I think it is very important to do things together as a family. Sure, I'm all for sports and extra-curricular activities - but I also feel, that many times, people are doing that just as a way to babysit their kids. To put it another way - they don't want to deal with them, so let's get them involved in something so I don't have to.

I really, really enjoyed that talk. I need to get online and listen to it again - didn't hear over the speakers outside who it was .... but, it was a lot of things that I need to ponder on.

"What your children really want for dinner is YOU."

I wanted Brax to see the Christus. We made it just in time to hear the quick broadcast - Afterwards Braxton said quite loudly, "Mommy, I love Jesus so much." People over-heard and thought it was so cute. It was!

1 comments:

Kami said...

Great pictures Maria! Looks like you had a good time.