CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.18.2007

~YuMmY~


Alright, I've been going to post this for a while now, but I keep forgetting. Here is one of my most favorite recipes:
Zuchinni Casserole

(let me warn you, that while I love to cook, I am not very good at measuring and following the directions, I make something once - then after that, memorize it and add ingredients to my liking ... so as much as I LOVE this recipe, it isn't written very formally.)
For a 9x13 pan, you will need:
4-5 small zuchinnis
a box of stove top stuffing (any brand works ... I always use the cheaper)
celery and carrots (optional, I don't use them)
one can of cream o' chick soup
8-12 oz sour cream
butter
diced onion
cheddar cheese (mmmmmmmmmmmm)
Okay, slice the zuchinni's (carrots and celery if you are using) and put in a boiling pot of water. Cook for about 8-10 minutes (depending on if you like them cooked well or crunchy - I prefer well - so once you can see through the zuchinni's)
Melt about 1/2 cube butter - (I put about a 1/4 C diced onion in with the butter as it is melting)
Mix one can soup with a couple scoops sour cream. (This is the part where I really taste - not measure. I like my sauce MORE cream of chicken-y than sour cream-y. But, do it to your liking.)
When the butter is melted, mix the stove top stuffing (uncooked; just dry) with the butter.
Grease pan - and spoon a very small amount of stuffing and butter mix on the bottom of pan.
Drain zuchinni and mix together with the sour cream/soup mixture. Add cheese. If you like cheese, add a lot!
Pour the zuchinni, soup/sour cream mix, and cheese over the spooned stuffing.
Then dump the rest of the stuffing mix over the zuchinni mix.
Bake 30-40 minutes in a preheated 350* oven. ENJOY!

1 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

Too bad I don't like stuffing, or else I'd totally make this! I love everything else you put in it! Hope you enjoy! :)