Alright - I think I'm nuttier than .... a coconut tree. I've decided that I'm registering to run in the SLC 1/2 marathon. I'm NUTS! Seriously. I just decided that I really want to be in shape - so a couple days ago I started running 3 miles each day. I'm going to slowly add an extra mile every week or so. Then, once I get to 13 miles, I guess I'll just change the incline of the treadmill. Sheesh. I'm excited but also a tad nervous. :) Wish me luck! Here is the course of the run:
SLC 1/2 MARATHON COURSE
12.13.2007
I think I can, I think I can ...
Posted by Maria at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Go Maria! That is very courageous! You will do great!
Thanks Julia! LOL. Everytime I say your name, I want to say Julia Goolia - from Wedding Singer. Hope you're not offended. I think it's cutsie!
Wow! You are one amazing woman! I need to do more things like that! Although, I am proud of myself...I did try something new last night. I went rock climbing for the first time. I'm ready to try something else new.
Hey, Let me know how training goes. I'm proud of you! Good luck! You're going to kick major butt!
Hey Maria! I'm glad you found my blog and that you commented! Hey, that is great about the half marathon! Listen, I just ran one for the very first time in August and I LOVED IT!!!! You will too. When is the race? I followed Hal Higdon's half marathon training schedule for that one in Aug. Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
He has you train for 12 weeks and that is exactly what I did. The farthest you ever run in training is 10 miles and he says on the day of the race that adrenaline will take you the last 3. This is so true. He also has you lifting weights and such on the off training days, which I didn't! he he. Good luck. You go girl! You'll be great! Btw, Braxton is just adorable!!!! I'll check back again soon.
You are sooooo AWESOME!!! I think of you more now than before!!! you are soooo cool!!! Hey by the way your christmas card, was the best, I loved your letter and what it had to say!!! Thanks it made my day!!!
Good luck with your training. I'm seriously so proud of you!! JOce
Post a Comment