CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.26.2008

ouch (again)

I have 3 more games of soccer - and then I think I'm going to stick to running as my sport. Makes me extremely sad, because I LOVE soccer. But, playing against these guys ... I'm too competitive and they are as well.

Tonight the ball was in the air so I jumped up to head it - don't ask me how I made contact with the ball and the guy I was on (who was 4 inches taller than me) totally didn't get it and slammed me right above my right temple.

As soon as it happened, I thought I was going to fall over. Then I noticed that it felt like my tooth was loose and it started bleeding a bit - the bleeding stopped, though. It took all that I had to keep standing up. Then - I realized I was supposed to be down the field and I tried but I felt like was going to fall right over!

They played me as midfielder and I've never played that before in my life. I hated it. I had quite a few shots on the goal, but because I was near the half line the goalie always seemd to get it.

There was less than a minute left in the game and I got the ball - shot and it rolled right through his hands and into the goal. That's pretty good for someone who is having blurry vision, right?

Was kind of hard to drive home - it seemed like my contact was out, but it wasn't. Just couldn't see right. Then, I got home and threw up twice -

So, I'm actually posting this Sunday morning, but all of this happened yesterday - so I'm posting it with yesterdays date :)

Time to get a new hobby.

Until next time...

1 comments:

Hillary said...

I hope your head is feeling better. You are one tough cookie.