CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.13.2008

Is it ...

Single Awareness Day? Or Valentine's Day?

take a moment to ponder that question ... I thought of something else that I love and need to jot it down, too. I LOVE GETTING COMMENTS ON MY BLOG! Don't you?

Alright back to February 14. I was looking through the deseret book catalog and saw this book, it is called Unvalentine by Sam Beeson. I read the short description of the book and thought it was funny. Here is a small snippet!

UNVALENTINE

Exactly mid-way through the frigid month of February
A day is celebrated by the dumb and ordinary
And all around me, notes are passed by idiots and stupids-
Packed tight with sugar-mottoed hearts and naked pudgy cupids
This ritual, conducted under heart-shaped, crimson flag
Does absolutely nothing for me, but to make me gag!

-Sam Beeson

In all honesty - I've always wanted to love Valentine's Day. Just because I'm in a crappy situation - why be upset and bitter at those who are happy? I'm glad there are people out there who can make it through their hard times. I think it gives me something to hope and look forward to.

Happy V-Day to all ya'll!


I

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Happy Valentine's Day Maria!!
Always know you are loved!!

The McClellan Clan said...

Okay girl, I hope you really did have a great day today. Honestly I have to agree with what that Beeson guy said!!!! Who needs it!!! Even though times are tough right now for you. Please tell me your just happy that your aren't in the situation you used to be. Love yourself right now. You are truly getting to know the real you and all you can handle and being independent all for yourself. You should be loving you and Braxton right now!! And the rest doesn't matter!!! I could go even deeper into this conversation but I won't but I do want you to know. I LOVE you dearly!! And I pray for you all the time. When the time is right you will find someone who loves YOU And ALL of you for all the RIGHT reasons!!! And I'm gonna try to find him!! When you give the okay!! Do you know how many hook ups I've done and some of them are married now!!!

Alissa said...

I don't know what happened to my comment I left yesterday, but I did try to leave on, maybe this time it will work! It said Happy Valentines Day and that I love you and miss you! and I love your blog. I didn't realize that you could even leave comments until I started my own blog.:o still learning!

Alissa said...

now my comment is there, but it wasn't yesterday, i don't get it.

dockters said...

Maria...I LOVE reading your blog! Your honesty and optimism are inspiring!! I'm glad that we got in touch again. I know that with all that you have going for you things can only get better!