CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3.10.2008

10K ... ready or not, here I come!

Righty-OH! I have a 10K coming up this Saturday and as of last week, the furthest I had ran was 5 miles. So ... I wanted to run a 4 miler tonight and a 6 miler Wednesday. Then, rest Thursday and Friday for the run Saturday.

However, after running a bit tonight - I thought to myself, "SUCK IT UP AND DO THE 6 MILES TODAY!" So that is what I did.

And this is what I get for doing just that.

TA~DA! Pretty neat-o, hu?
No, I do not have a candy, hot tamale stuck to the side of my big toe. It's called a blister. :) It hurts - bad. Real bad. Anyone have any good ideas what to do with it so I can run Saturday?

My toes were bleeding, too. I don't think it's because I ran too far - I think it's because my toenails are still having issues since I lost them playing soccer. If you do not remember that - or would like a little refresher. Be my guest! Click HERE for some memory recall.

K, well - I am now going to go. Have fun.

Until next time!

8 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

Are you kidding me? Are you really going to run a 10k with that blister on your toe, and with other toenails that are threatening to fall off? Wow...All I have to say is that you are tougher than I am!!!

the ginabean said...

Maria! I see your blog link on lots of other blogs and so I stopped by to say hello. This is Gina Orgill, by the way. I think you're pretty cool for being so dedicated to running! Good luck with that 10k! Things are going pretty well for me...just working as a speech therapist in Idaho Falls. Taking little trips when the weather permits. That's about it. You'll have to let me know how you do with the 10k!
theginabean2.blogspot.com

Court and Jill said...

Youch!!! Have you tried moleskin?? I have no idea how to use it or anything, but I've heard of that for blisters. At least I think :) Sorry about your toenails...are your running shoes too small? I only ask b/c after the half marathon I ran, my toenails were in PAIN and one was all black and threatening to come off, sorry about the gory details. Anyway, I went to a running shop and they said the culprit was my running shoes, not the distance I had run. So I bought a new pair that was 1/2 size bigger than I have ever worn before and it has worked like a charm. I felt like a clown for a little while since my shoes were so much bigger than I was used to, but now my toes NEVER jam into the tip of my shoes and it is a lot more comfy now. No more toenail issues! Of course the culprit for you could be that injury from soccer!!! he he.

Alissa said...

get some mole skin from walmart and put it on the blister, then the skin won't get rubbed while you run, maybe! Good luck!

The McClellan Clan said...

Oh man that sucks!! I'm sorry. Hey could it be your shoes. I saw on studio 5 a little bit ago, about these new shoes that are really awesome. And I've heard alot of people talk about them. But now I can't remember the name of them. If you google, something a long the lines of running and fitting them to your feet. There is this site that helps choose the right running shoe for you!! And I don't know how old your shoes are but they are supposed to be only used for 400 miles?? Good luck chica. If I find that site I'll let you know. But I'm so sorry that your feet are in so much pain!!

The McClellan Clan said...

Oh man, I totally won't be there this weekend. We are kind of sort of living in Vernal right now. We still will be going to st. george, but not so much. Bummer dude!!!!! You're going to love it though, I was there last weekend and it was so nice. Like 72 degree's.
Good luck, if you are running. Seriously though, I hope that food gets better, take care

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, really? You are a crazy TOUGH girl!!! I would have given up, you are amazing! That pirate ship cake is the cutest thing ever! You are so talented!!

Court and Jill said...

Did you run the 10K afterall?? Details please! :)