ARRRRRRRRRRRR! Let me tell ya 'bout my weekend, me mateys!

Braxton was invited to a birthday party on Saturday and I got to make the cake!!! :)
I spent ALL day Friday making a cake. It was fun, I like to make cakes. I have always wanted to be a cake decorator. It's ONE of the things I would like to do as a job.
I can't believe how flippin' long it takes to make a stinkin' cake! GOSH! (Is it just me, or did I sound like Napoleon Dynamite in that sentence?) I started out all gung-ho about it -- but by the 4th or 5th hour ... I'd had it. I believe I spent close to 8 hours. It was 7 or 8 atleast.

I made fondant for the first time, too. Surprisingly ... SUPER EASY! SUPER, SUPER Easy! If I can do it any of you can, too.
But, it was SO worth it to see the birthday boy so excited about his pirate ship cake. So, even though, it can be a bit frustrating .... I think it is worth a little bit of frustration to make something special for kids on their birthdays! Totally and completely worth it!

The Birthday Boy and his cake
It was funny - a few people stopped to admire the cake. They were wondering where we ordered it at. LOL. Kinda funny .... So, all in all - I think I did pretty good for never having cake decorating lessons.
Brax and his balloon hat!
Ciao! Until next time!




5 comments:
Okay that is A*W*E*S*O*M*E
It does take forever. My sis in law made cakes,and she stopped cause it took her FOREVER. She is the biggest perfectionist at everything I know. Well over Shana, I don't know about that!! But You should go work at a bakery. Heck you could one day make amazing wedding cakes. You did do a really good just. Maybe make cakes part time or something!!!!! Do something you love!!!!
Super, SUPER good job Ria! Loooove it! You did soooooooooo awesome at that pirate ship! I am muy impressed! (I am sure I wouldn't have the patience to decorate a cake past 30-45 minutes.) So, props to you! :) Hope you are well!
good job on the cake!! it looked wonderful. you should go into business then if you really want to do it!! you would do well.
Thanks for your note! Feel free to drop by my blog anytime. I am in the pageant, I am an angel. Public dress rehearsal is tomorrow and then the regular performances start Wednesday. I am a bit nervous.
That cake is simply AMAZING by the way. That is quite the talent.
Wow, impressive cake! I just made one for Relief society (I'll post pics soon) and it wasn't even half that fancy and I took me twice as long as you! So only 8 hours is sounding pretty good to me! Good job on the cake, so creative!
Post a Comment