CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.26.2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, just wanted to wish all of you a great Memorial Day! Braxton was with his dad, so I spent the day with my other favorite people, David and Ayla. We started off the day by a wonderful home-cooked IHOP type breakfast. Blueberry Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage and Omelettes with some yum-o Orange Juice, with the pulp, of course. MMMmmmmmmmm.

Then we went to David's parents grave. They were in a car accident in 1997. David's Mom and niece were killed instantly. His dad was on life support for like, I think 21 days, and then passed away.



I can't imagine having both of my parents be gone at the age of 21. David has 4 younger siblings that he tried to care for -- ALL AT THE AGE OF 21! Plus, he had a one year old daughter as well. He has been through quite a lot in his short 32 years on this earth, and has seriously came out so strong. I admire him so much for that.

Ayla and I

David



I am so grateful for my family! I know that I take them for granted way too much. You just really don't think about things like that happening until it is too late.

I also wanted to just thank all of the men and women who are out there fighting for our freedom. They sacrifice a lot, so I can sit here and be spoiled.

Last week in Home Depot, my mom walked up to two people in uniform and just said, "thank you." You could totally tell that they so appreciated hearing that AND were happy to do so.


Until next time ...

2 comments:

David said...

Who is that tall-dark-and-handsome hottie that you're with? Looking good you guys...

Ernest said...

Maria! You will love this video and if I was a betting man, I would put big $$ that you will add it to your blog for others to see; check it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA