CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.04.2008

"I HATE RABBITS!"

I promised all of you that I would blog every day this month. So here goes nothing:

Hmmm, let's see. Well, I went to a barbeque last night. It was really fun. We had delicious meat and yummy macaroni salad and ... ICE CREAM. Mmmmm Maggie Moos ice cream. I actually don't know what kind I had, because ... I said "surprise me" and it was really, REALLY good.

Afterward, we built a fire in the fire pit. Holy cow. I had forgotten how much I love campfires. I guess technically it wasn't a campfire ... but you know what I mean. I love the crackling sound, I love when the wood explodes and sends embers into the air, I love the heat, but mainly I LOVE the SMELL of a fire. That is just one of those things that brings back memories of me camping with my older sister, Annette. Really, it has been probably 10-12 years since I have been around one. Wait, I take that back - we did have a bonfire once on a group date.

Alright. Well, really - I'm sorry I don't have anything way cool to blog about. Maybe next time :o)

P.S. Oh yeah, and about the blog title ... well, I learned last night that it is an Indian thing, but ya know when you are sitting around the fire and the smoke ALWAYS seems to blow right into your face, and you start hacking and coughing, pick up your chair and scoot it over and then, whad'dya know here comes the smoke again? (I believe that is the LONGEST run-on sentence, EVER!) All you need to do, is say with feeling, "I hate rabbits!" and the smoke is supposed to leave you and go bother someone else. As much as I hate to admit it, it does indeed work! Atleast it did last night.

1 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

see now that aint bad, your going to look back and say OH YA!! So that is something!!!
I hear ya with the fire thing too!! I missed it, and it's so fun to do. I'm gonna do it here in Dry Fork as soon as it warms up!!