CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.29.2008

Richard Marx concert

So, yesterday (June 28th) David and I went to Richard Marx's concert in Sandy. It was so much fun. I absolutely love 80's music. You would think I wouldn't know much of it since I was born in the early 80's - however, it must be do to my older sisters who are 13 and 15 years older than me. I remember being very young and watching them sing and dance to the radio. It was so much fun for me.

A couple of times I even remember going to spend the weekend with them at college and we would put on concerts. I dressed up like Madonna and sang "vogue." Good Times!


So, this is how he looks today. Yeah, glad he decided to chop off the mullet. He was such a great entertainer though. It was super fun.

The seating was odd -- there was stadium seating and then above that it was on the lawn. I bought the tickets late, so we had to sit on the lawn. However, I didn't know that until we arrived there.

But during the concert, he said, "I'm so glad to be here tonight. You guys are awesome. However, I feel like I'm singing to two different audiences. You guys up there (talking about the lawn sitters) knew who you were coming to see and want to get up and dance and sing along. Whereas I feel like you guys (speaking to the stadium seaters) maybe thought I was Ricky Martin. You probably keep thinking to yourself, 'I didn't know he sang all these songs. I wonder when he is going to sing Living la Vida Loca." It was funny.

He switched up a lot of his music. You know, remix's and things like that. But it was still really enjoyable.

Found out that he has co-written a lot of songs, even ones for Keith Urban. And, he sang a Christian song as well. That was one of my favorites the whole night.



So, yeah. It was a super fun night. It's great to enjoy things like this with someone, isn't it?

Also wanted to tell Deb thanks for coming along. It was fun to be there with you -- AND, I'm glad we can finally go out on double dates!!! Obviously, when you were 18, I could not go with you cuz I was ... um, 5 :) I love you, Sis!

P.S. for those of you who have no idea who he is .... find his name on my playlist! I'm sure you know his music.

3 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

I figured you liked all that 80's music...by your playlist! :) So glad to hear you had such a good time! (Aren't outside concerts on the lawn the best?) :) Especially with someone you enjoy being with! :) Love ya! Take care!

B&B Goldsberry said...

I remember when we used to constantly listen to Chicago!! hehe! Looks like you had so much fun! I totally understand.. so much better to go with someone you care about. I went to a concert there and sat on the grass.. kind of weird but fun!!

The McClellan Clan said...

HE could be so ugly and I could just hear his music and think he was the hottest guy EVER!! I love his music. He's awesome!! Glad you had fun!!