Alright, so it is time for bed and I wanted to get pics posted. So -- I'm going to hurry, here.
We arrived in S.D. Friday around 5. We were all pooped so we just chilled and hung out and relaxed.
Saturday we got up and headed to the San Diego zoo. We were all still pretty tired, so we just rode on the tour bus. We were too tired to walk the whole way.
Here is David and I on the SKYFARI. Basically, it's the same thing as the skyride at Lagoon. Only, more expensive:
Here are some pics of the animals we saw. I couldn't resist this first one. The little guy just basking in the sunlight. How adorable! And some other awesome animals:
And this - well, this is to prove we were really there and not really just at the Hogle Zoo in SLC:
We then headed to the beach. We weren't expecting to get wet ... we just wanted to see the ocean. But, it was high-tide and we did end up getting a little wet. However, I had left the camera in the car. Too bad.
We left the beach and our plan was to go to the S.D. Temple. Oh My LANDS! It is such a gorgeous temple. I loved being there! It was David and my second time going to the temple together and I'm admitting here, that is my favorite kind of date! Yep, it is!
My friend, Ernie, was also down in S.D. this weekend, so we met up with him after our session and he was nice enough to take a few pics for us:



Me and Ernie:
For those of you who don't know about Ernie. Here is a quick wrap-up. I have known E since I was about 8 or 9. He was dating my sister and became my big brother. Growing up he would take me to my merry miss, daddy/daughter parties - and he was the one who would give me blessing when needed because I had no other Priesthood holder in my family. So, needless to say, he really has been a big part of my life and I'm grateful for all he has done for me. If it wasn't for him and his example ... I doubt I'd be who I am - possibly not even active in the church, today.
Today (Sunday) we got up and went to church. They were putting in a new bishopric. The members there were SO incredibly nice and it was fun to be in their ward for a day.
We came back and all had a nap. Then we headed to the beach again! Wow, my life seems so hard:
So... that is Saturday and Sunday in a nutshell. It is so gorgeous and I'm so glad to be here!!! It's been awesome.
Tomorrow we are headed to Sea World. I should have more pics soon.
Until next time...




2 comments:
Wow you guys have been living it up!! Holy cow that temple is to die for!!! That is so beautiful!! I'm so glad your enjoying yourself!! Have more fun, and keep being safe!!
Maria Maria, the pleasure was all mine. You have always been a shining star and lucky I was to have a little lite shine on me ;-) Lotsa love forever, your big bro E. See you at the temple...
Post a Comment