CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.28.2008

I'm now officially engaged :)

So, just a quick update on everything.

I guess we kind of did things backwards. David and I that is. We talked about getting married, started making plans. I knew he had a ring for me. I went and got a ring for him ... etc. I even saw the ring, because you will notice I had it on for our wedding announcements. However, I had not been "officially" asked if I would marry him yet.

But, now I have and I of course, gladly accepted!

On Pioneer day, we went kayaking with the boys. SO MUCH FUN! We had two little kayaks and he was with Ben in one and I was with Brax in the other. It was so beautiful and so relaxing just floating down the Provo river. :)

He told me that there was a small meadow coming up off to the side and that he wanted to get out and take a couple of pictures. So, that is what we did. I'm admitting right now, that I was a bit ornery ... because a few minutes earlier, I had just slammed into a bunch of shrubs right off of the bank. Yeah :) Only happened once though, so I'm proud of myself.

So, we are walking and the boys are running way ahead of us. We yell at them that we are going back. So, the boys went running back the other direction -- Then, I turn around and he had this gleam in his eye and he knelt down on one knee. OH! Then he asked me, "Maria Cragun, will you marry me." To be honest, I remember starting to get teary-eyed and I bent down to give him a kiss and said, "I love you so much." I'm not quite sure if I said a clear yes or not. However, I gladly accepted his ring and he put it on my finger! It was awesome. I love being outside in nature and I loved that he knows me well enough to know what I would like. I don't need anything fancy or amazing ... I love the outdoors and I love them even more now that I get to be there with him!

So, on the way home we were talking in the car. The music was on, but it was very faint and we could barely hear it. After, he got off of the phone with a couple of his friends to tell them the news, he turned up the radio. A song ended immediately and then, Richard Marx's "Now and Forever" song came on. Don't know if you guys remember or not, but just last month David and I went to a Richard Marx concert and we both love his music. I looked at him and said, "what an appropriate song." corny, I know. But, I loved it!

You cannot believe how excited I am to marry this man!

Anyway ... everything is going good. Just a few small things left to do.

OH YEAH! So, I'm sure you all realize our wedding date: 08/08/08. So, it is clear that 8 is OUR number. I just realized that "Burleigh" has 8 letters in it! Pretty neat-o if your name is Maria!

5 comments:

Rylee said...

Ya I am so happy for you!!! and 8 never ends so you will be together for eternity!!! (don't know if that is why you like 8's or not but I wanted to get married on the 28th ya know 2 for eternity type of thing, but couldn't :( )

*Heather* said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! You make such a cute couple! Russ & I did the same thing... made plans before I got the ring. It is A-okay to do it that way in my book!!

Alissa said...

YEA!!! Oh maria, that make me so happy for you!! I wish we still talked everyday so I knew what you where doing, what you are planning, & how you are feeling! rich and i did everything backwards also, so maybe thats the right way! i love that eternity is 8 letters also, so cool!

dtravelbug said...

Yowza! I need to keep better tabs on your blog. Congratulations!!!!

The McClellan Clan said...

I am so happy for you. You go girl. If you need my address let me know. I can't remember if you asked of not. Take care!!