CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.09.2008

I'm a tad stressed!

Alright, I'm apologizing now. The last few days AND the next few weeks will be crazy. I've been meaning to post my 4th of July day -- and obviously haven't gotten around to it.

Basically, David moved out of his old place into "our" new place over the weekend. All last week, he spent 10-12 hours at work, then he'd come home and paint the new place. (we are renting an older home for the first little while until we can buy our own place.) He glazed the walls in the living room, the hallway, and our bedroom with a faux finish. It looks marble-ish. It's so gorgeous! (another great reason to post pics, I know) I am so excited. We painted the boys room a light blue, with a dark blue accent wall (very cool) and the bathroom is a light blue as well. We haven't yet gotten to Ayla's room because we have to take off the crummy wallpaper. I DISLIKE WALLPAPER VERY MUCH! We also haven't done the kitchen yet. But, I tell ya, the parts that are done, look soooo nice.

And now, I have the last little details of the wedding to go over.

I'm making the wedding invitations. We didn't get our pics taken until last week ... so we are under a bit of a crunch to get those out.

I still have to order the cake and flowers. But, other than that, we are pretty much ready to go.

We are having a super-small ceremony. Just our family and closest friend are coming, so please don't be offended if you aren't invited. This is much different than both of our first weddings. We've realized that we shouldn't focus so much on the BIG day, as the rest of our lives together. So, "simple", is our motto.

However, I think afterward (once we get back from the honeymoon) we will probably send out a wedding announcement letting those that we would have invited to a reception know our great news.

Ummm, let's see.... what else?

Oh yeah, the big day. It would be August 8, 2008. In other words, 08/08/08. I told my friend Rebecca that, and she laughed her butt off and said, "why does that not surprise me coming from you?" David and I found out we'll be in the Cottonwood 8th ward and we both laughed because how funny, our new ward would be the 8th ward. (does anyone hear twilight zone music? jk)

So, as soon as we get back from our honeymoon, we will start on the adoption paperwork so that I can adopt his daughter, Ayla. If everything goes smoothly (which it should) it will probably take about 6 months for that to happen. Then, hopefully on 08/08/09, we will be able to be sealed together. He, Ayla and I.

Yeah. That's pretty much all that is going on in my life. A lot of exciting and eventful things.

I also will be starting our new blog ... so, I'll be sure to invite all of my readers from here over to there .... so PLEASE watch for the invite within the next month or so!

until next time ... (who knows when that might be?!)

5 comments:

Peter and Julia said...

Holy COw! Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am very happy for you. You definitely deserve a great man:)

The Shill Spill said...

Congrats woman! I knew it was only a matter of time until you found yoru beau! (Sp?) How impressed I have been with your beautiful attitude and desire to do what is right! Go get 'em tiger! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding stuff in the future. Take care!

Samantha said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You deserve the best and all the happiness that comes with it! Huge congrats to you!

Steph said...

Wow .. congrats!

B&B Goldsberry said...

Hey!! I think you might be living kind of close to me! Email me your address and I will see!