CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.21.2007

Trip/First day at work

So, Mom, Brax and I just got back from a trip out to eastern Utah, where my mom was raised. Her aunt died last week and so we went out for the funeral. It was actually really nice to see my mom's side of the family again. I have wonderful memories of going out there and spending time with her family.

My uncle Errol (my favorite uncle - the best uncle in the WORLD), tried to show Braxton a magic trick. He had a quarter and then made it disappear. He asked Brax, "where did the quarter go?" Brax responded, "it's right there" and pointed to his other hand. Uncle Errol said that in all the years that he has been doing that trick to kids Braxton's age, no kid has ever caught on to the trick. Why does that not surprise me?

He was so good. We had to drive about 3 hours each way and he never complained once. We also arrived to the funeral early so that we could get a seat and also attend the viewing. We had to sit there for an hour before it started - I was sure that there was NO way, he could be good for two hours straight. I know we can make it through one hour because we do that every Sunday for church - but, to my amazement, he was sooooo good. I am so privileged to have that little fella call me "mommy."

Oh - yes! So, I went to work yesterday. It was good! I think it'll take a few weeks for me to really get into the groove, but I am sure that I'll be able to do it. Not really that hard when you don't have much of a choice, though. That always makes it a little easier, right?

Also, I am happy to announce that both mom and Braxton survived the day together! I guess Brax had a bit of a fit about 30 minutes after I left for work. He started crying and was trying to tell my mom something. My mom walked into the room and said, "Braxton, when you are crying I can't understand what you are saying." and walked out of the room. I guess within about a minute, Brax stopped crying, realized he wasn't going to get much of an audience out of my mom and decided to act like the Braxton I know. After that, she said, the day was absolutely wonderful.

Yeah! Anyway, that is all I have for now. Until next time ...

0 comments: