SO! Last weekend, guess what I did? I drove down to St. George and ran in the 26th annual Painters half marathon and 5K. As you can assume, I did NOT run the half marathon. Just the 5K :)
It was awesome. Part of the reason for my wanting to run in it - is because I'm training to run the SLC half marathon. Therefore, I felt that it would be a good thing to get a feel for what it is like to run in a race. Let me tell you, it was AWESOME. I wasn't SO sure about it to begin with. However, once it started you get so pumped up with everybody running around you. You can seriously feel the energy levels of people and it was so much fun. SO FUN! As you run, you can hear other people cheering others on and it just so cool. I absolutely loved it and am so glad that I experienced what it was like.
So, how did I do? Well, my goal was to not finish last and guess what? I didn't! You can see my results ~HERE~ I came in overall at 112th - and overall in my category (women 25-29) 30th overall. I think that is pretty good for my first run! Especially since I started at the very BACK of the pack. I mean, when we started off, I didn't want to be up front, I'm not a real runner - I have no reason to be up in the front. So, I had to pass all of those people -- Maybe this is wrong - but I was impressed with myself.
However, I was disappointed at the end of the race ... I had no clue that it was near the end. No sign, no banner - not ANYTHING, so I didn't get to sprint. That's my favorite part - when you see the finish and your adrenaline just gets the best of you and you run your guts out! I was so mad. I was done and had no idea that I was. Grrr. Oh well. I heard from other runners that it wasn't a very well ran race. So, I've heard the SL half marathon is a LOT better. :)
I will get pictures posted up ... as soon as I can. So, stay tuned.
Until next time ...
(Joce .. don't be mad at me. I wanted to call you but I just ran out of time ... I'm sorry)







2 comments:
Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you for working toward the half-marathon thing! It's going to be awesome. 5k's are so fun huh. I'm with you on feeling the whole energy thing too. Way fun. Just wait until you finish your SL half...it's even that much better! I'm proud! Good luck!
ok, so your so lucky I just read the very end, where it said don't be mad. Cause the whole time reading that I was ticked!!! But you totally should have called I would have loved to come and cheer you on. See you needed me there!!!
You little turkey!! But I'm so glad you loved it, and I'm so glad you are doing something to keep you active right now. I'm so happy for you. Love ya!!! Tell the family HI for me!!
Post a Comment