CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.25.2008

My new health kick!



Alright folks - I actually can't believe I'm about to say what I'm about to say - but, I'm on a big health kick. And guess what? Dairy ... is OUT! Yes, it is so sad but so true. You may not understand how disappointing this is to me. No, it is not the glass of milk with dinner that I will be missing. No, it is not the ice cream that I will be longing for (by the way, I actually had my FIRST bowl of cold stone ice cream the other day ... and two days later, I cut out dairy. How sad is that!) .... It's the CHEESE! I love cheese. Ohmy. How incredibly sad. However - I am now drinking soy milk and actually love it. It's great with everything. And to be honest - I have to admit that I bought a package of veggie shreds (cheese made from vegetable product) and truly it was not bad. Not bad at all. Either that, or I was just grateful that it looked like cheese!
I'm getting rid of dairy because it has such a HUGE effect on my stomach. I have stomach issues - issues that we won't discuss. But, I've been trying to deal with it for going on 10 years and I'm sick of it. I need to watch my fat intake. And as much as I do love the cheesy goodness - it is loaded with fat!

Also, look at this pretty little drink to your left. Looks disgusting - but tastes WONDERFUL. Let me tell you about it's tasty goodness. There is Apple, Mango, Strawberry, and Banana in it - Spirulina (this tiny aquatic plant offers 60% all-vegetable protein, essential vitamins and phytonutrients such as the antioxidant beta carotene, the rare essential fatty acid GLA, sulfolipids, glycolipids and polysaccharides. Its deep green color comes from its rainbow of natural pigments - chlorophyll (green), phycocyanin (blue) and carotenoids (orange) - that harvest the sun's energy. Easy-to-digest so nutrients are absorbed quickly), Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Wheat sprouts, Jerusalem Artichoke, Lemon Bioflavanoids & Novia Scotia Dulse.
It's delicious. Trust me.

So, Dairy is out, white flour is out, but ... soy milk and leafy greens are in. Good thing I love leafy greens. I could seriously eat spinach anytime anyplace. Love it!

Wish me luck on my journey. Don't worry - I'm not going vegan or anything. I still gotta have my meat. I love meat!

I'm running about 3 miles a day now - training for my marathon. Tonight I'm actually going to run 4 miles. Doesn't seems like a huge thing to run an extra mile - but, when you are running it and it's a new thing - it seems like a lot more. However, I have been noticing once I hit about 2 1/2 miles, it seems like you actually get used to running and could keep going for a while. That's how I feel - will see if it is really true or not tonight.

Well, I'm sure this was a VERY enjoyable post for all of you to read. You must be extremely bored. LOL.

Until next time...

3 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

Okay so SOY YUCK!!! I can't drink that. It just makes my milk taste so weird and I just can't do it. And If you like Tillamook, you just can't believe ho good all the other tillamook stuff is that you can't get here in Utah. OH my gosh their icecream is to DIE FOR!! They should bribe the survivors on TV with that one. They'd give in in one minute or 20 seconds!!
I comment on everything, cause I love your posts you crack me up and you have good posts. Not this girl. I couldn't figure out how to post a pic of tillamook cheese in a minute or 60.!!! Oh, thanks for the tag, you stinker!!

B&B Goldsberry said...

:) Good luck on your diet!! :) I am sitting here thinking.. I would starve.. I don't know if you saw my post about not doing anything white (flour, sugar, rice, and potato) and limit the dairy. I feel LIke the only thing I can eat is dairy.. but I HATE milk.. so that is not hard. AGH!! I want to scream.. mostly because of the sugar thing.. EVERYTHING has sugar! :) Anyway.. good luck! :)

James and Whitney said...

Maria! It's so great to hear from you! Your little guy is so cute! Isn't is a fun age. I'm glad you are doing well! Please keep in touch!