Okay -
So. First thing is first ... I indeed found my camera! Yay for me.
But, on to the better part of my blogging. This is indeed the coolest thing I have EVER blogged about.
So, Friday I had the most WONDERFUL opportunity to go and see a performance on Temple Square in the tabernacle called, "Joseph Smith, The Prophet." It was almost opera-like. Basically it was the story of Joseph's life told to us in song. It was composed by a 29 year old ... who started composing it at the age of 22. I have never been to anything like that before and just thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I LOVED IT SO MUCH!
However ... that still is NOT the best part. So, we get our seats in tabernacle. We were sitting on the left side of the tabernacle. Then I look at the row in front of us (in the middle) section and I see a very good-looking grey haired man. (For some reason - I have a liking to grey hair.) Then, I realize ... "That's President Uchtdorf!"
So, I stare at him for a while. Then I hear the crowd come to a hush. We all start looking around to see why the crowd is hushing and then I see him. President Monson coming to sit right by President Uchtdorf. He and his sweet wife, Francis slowly passed us. I literally could have reached out and touched him. They walked over to the middle section. He stopped looked up and started kind of scanning the crowd. Someone (a man) started singing, "We thank Thee oh God for a Prophet ..." and then the rest of the crowd started in as well. I only got to about the third or fourth line and started sobbing. It sound so beautiful and the Spirit was intense. You can't imagine how awesome that experience was, unless you have experienced something like that as well. I have NEVER in my life been that close to the prophet before. I really thought that my body was going to explode from all of the overwhelming feelings I had. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be in the presence of our Beloved Savior.
After we were done singing, he said "Why thank ya, ya'll." It was adorable. He then turned around and started talking with those around him. At one point, he got a real serious look on his face and then started wiggling his ears. (I'm guessing the serious look was his concentration face.) He is such a sweet, man.
I don't like saying it, but I think I focused so much on President Hinckley and loved him so much, that I really didn't pay much attention to President Monson's qualities. The things I loved about President Hinckley, I can now see that President Monson has as well. I truly believe that the closer we get to the Savior returning, the more amazing the Prophets must get. They have so much to do to prepare us for His return.
However, I don't know if that is true either, because Joseph Smith has to be the most amazing, right? Hmmmm, what am I saying, they are ALL amazing.
I hope you understand what I mean though.
I think the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in store for some really amazing things to occur with President Monson. I'm so excited for what is in store. May not always be easy, but a way will be prepared for each and everyone of us if we can faithfully endure.
Anyway, it is a night that I will NEVER forget. I'm so grateful for that opportunity. I don't know if I will ever have that chance again. I feel so incredibly blessed. I know I am. It's wonderful!
4.28.2008
Boy, I am blessed!
Posted by Maria at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
WOWSER!!! That gave me chills and everything else you talked about! That would have been so neat to be that close to them and to have someone start singing?? I mean, c'mon! That is so great! WOOHOO.. that's always something you are going to remember too.
oh my HECK that is so awesome!!!!!! I am so happy for you, I wish I waas there!!!!! that is awesome!!!! I don't even know what to say, I just can imagine the whole thing in my head like I was there!!!! So awesome
YOU SHOULD BE BLOGGING MORE!! YOU HAVE ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO!! GET IT DONE.
BY THE WAY, I WANT TO KNOW HOW OUR LITTLE CONVERSATION IS GOING?? ANY PROGRESS???
HEY PLEEEASEE POST SOME MORE PICS!!! I WANT TO SEE YOUR CUTE FACE!!
Post a Comment