Well, I did it! Believe me, I'm not going to be bragging about my time or anything - but, I'm just glad I can say that I put my mind to something and did it. :) So this just goes to show that if you only train for 6 miles - you CAN run 13.1 miles if you really want to!
Yeah, I really should have trained better. However, atleast this means my next half I'll probably most definitely beat my time!
I always thought I knew what cramps were - yeah right! I have NEVER in my life had muscle cramps like this ... EVER! And of course, they acted up after I had walked a bit. The problem with me, is once my body gets used to going slower, it doesn't want to get back up and going. So, I should have never stopped in the first place. First I started cramping in my right calf. Then it was my left thigh. THEN it was my back. I have a knot in my back (I have this muscle in my upper back that kills. I've had it for like almost five years) and it started cramping bad, too. Had to stop and kind of stretch them a bit.
So, I'm running along and pass mile 10. Then on the ground I see 10.5 written. I hear sirens in the distance and figure someone up ahead is injured or something. So, all of us kind of move over to the right to let the sirens pass by. A motorcyle cop drove by. About 15 seconds later, another one. About 15 second later, a ford police truck. Then ZOOOOOOOOOOM! 3 Kenyans just FLEW by. NO JOKE! They passed me a lot faster than the motorcyle or truck. I felt like such a wimp! Here I am on mile 10.5 and they are at mile 23.8 and they are looking like they just started a 100 meter dash. It was amazing. I got major chills. I love watching people like that run.
Anyway, yeah. And of course, I still have no camera, so I don't have any pictures up yet -- but will hopefully get some soon.
OH! I also did another birthday cake! It was for a 12 year old girl, Ayla. It was a purse!!! I thought it was adorable. So, hopefully I'll get those pics forwarded to me soon so I can share them with you.
Guess I'll start training for the next half marathon! Wahoo!
(Thumbs up?)
This is David. He is the one who got me interested in running the half marathon to begin with.
YAY! We did it. David, Me, John and Jill.



6 comments:
Great job Maria! I did the 5K that day! It was so much fun watching people run! I don't think I will ever get up to a half marathon. I think you rock!
Way to go woman! I am muy proud of you! I knew you coudl do it...even if it had lots of pain come with it. :) You are sooo awesome!
WOW, thats awesome, but you know me...I just don't get...going through all of that pain just to run, but I'm hoping to understand it someday. All of my friends here do it so there most be something special about it! 4 of my friends just ran a three day long marathon from the east coast to the west coast and never stopped...they ran all through the night in the dark, taking turns never stopping...know thats crazy! but i do think its great to accomplish your goals, so good job!
Bravo! No easy task! I'm proud!
Holy cow! That is awesome! I'm going private so send me your email so I can send you an invite!
You are amazing! You have so much strength in you, I love you and miss you! Rebecca...
Post a Comment