Gosh, you guys. I still cannot find my camera! Such a bummer I tell you. I haven't been able to take my pictures of my apartment or ANYTHING. Yuck!
Well, let's see.
About 2 weeks ago, I had an experience with Braxton. It was a Sunday and I was getting ready for church. I was running late and needed to quick jump in the shower. Now, we had just moved into our new apartment. Brax's cousins came to visit for the weekend and they had been SO happy playing at my place. I noticed Braxton especially loved the stairs. Which is so funny -- every since I was little, I have LOVED stairs. I want my house to have like 18 stories just so I can run up and down the stairs. I know, very weird. ANYHOO - so, I jumped in the shower and was hurrying when I thought I heard Braxton's voice. I turned off the water and listened for a minute ... couldn't hear a thing, so turned back on the water. A few seconds later, I thought I heard Braxton again. So, one more time, I turned off the water to listen. I heard nothing. I thought to myself, "I must be hearing things." But ... I knew I needed to hurry. So, I quick rinsed off and jumped out. Ran out of the bathroom going down the hall calling out for Braxton. This time, I heard nothing and my heart sank. I started down the stairs. And ... I saw him. He had squeezed his little head underneath the railing and the stairs and was stuck. He had been struggling to get free and his body was falling down the stairs. He saw me out of the corner of his eye, tried to call out for me, but really - not much came out. I started to freak a bit, but then realized, I needed to compose myself if I was going to be of any help. Thankfully, we were blessed, I was able to free him in about 30 seconds. I was so incredibly scared. Now, I have no idea - if I heard him calling out for me, or if it was the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. Either way, I know that I was guided by somebody to get out of the shower and go look for Braxton. I am so grateful to be a member of the church and know that Heavenly Father is once again pouring his blessings on me. I realize just how important it is to be living the gospel at all times. You never know when you may need to hear the promptings of that still, small voice.
Let's see - some more not so good news, I guess. My mom's last appointment didn't go so well. They can see now that her leg is healing, which is good ... but it is healing crooked, which is not good. Her other leg will try to compensate for what her bad leg can't do, and is essentially putting the good leg at risk for breaking because her bones are so brittle. So, they want to do a knee replacement on her bad leg. They "say" that that should straighten out her leg. To be honest, it TERRIFIES me! She had problems with her hip when it healed, she is having problems with her leg as it is healing ... if her knee didn't heal right, she would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. I know she would rather die then be bound to a wheelchair. But, I know she doesn't want to break her other leg as well. Ohhhhh. So much to pray for.
Um, looks like my sister and my apartment is about to become Maria's apartment. Yes, looks like Deb will be headed up to Idaho so that she can get joint custody of her kids. I don't blame her. I'm actually excited to be on my very own. I lived at home until I got married and haven't experienced that I can be self-sufficient and survive on my own.
Oh yes. Just wanted to quick talk about General Conference. Wasn't it awesome? Man. I love General Conference. ALWAYS HAVE - ALWAYS WILL. I actually was able to attend the Sunday morning session. I've never been in the conference center for conference before. It was so beautiful and I could feel the spirit so strong. However, I have not laughed so hard in a long time as when I did when President Monson closed the Sunday afternoon session. He is a great man and I am excited to get to know him better as a person. I think it is such an exciting time for the members of the church. President Monson's brother, Scott was my counselor in Junior High. It is funny because they are so, so different. Weird to think his brother is the prophet.
Anyway, I know it was about time for me to update my blog. I don't have internet access at my house so ... I have to check my internet things at my mom's house. So, please bear with me.
All is well with me ... hope all is well with you.
Until next time ...
4.10.2008
Still, NO camera!
Posted by Maria at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Wow! So your entry just gave me the chills! I am soooo glad that things are well with Braxton, and I am especially glad that you listened to those promptings that were given to you. Way to be Ria!
I hope you love your new place, and that Braxton no longer gets stuck on those stairs.
Hope to hear from you again soon.
Sounds like things are going pretty well at the new place! Man.. it is scary when things like that happen (Brax and stairs) and it is awesome that you were able to know and feel that something wasn't right! The church is true!! I hope so much that your mom doesn't have to be in a wheelchair! I hope that this surgery will just be what she needs and be able to move around well!
nice blog!! But I am sad that you didn't find your camera. I know how that one goes. Look in your trunk maybe. Thats where mine was!!!
Man oh man. I am so sorry to hear about Auntie veloy!! That is really scarey. She is in my prayers. I told my grandma and she couldn't seem to get it out of her thoughts. Tell Deb good luck. I hope everything goes her way!!
joce
Wow...I am glad to hear that Brax is OK. I had an experience like that with my mom when she broke her pelvis...it is amazing what prayer and the spirit can do. I am glad is going after her kids...her husband is kind of retarded in my book....I know his family a little bit from my in-laws....anyways it is important that children have both parents in their lives as much as it is the biggest pain in the butt in the whole world. Well good luck with your newfound independence! Love ya cuz!
Post a Comment